Raw Carrot Cake
We have a soft spot for afternoon tea. Anni’s vegan take on this classic is best served with a dollop of cream and good company.
- 1 tbsn Ozganics Bush Honey
- 6 cups Carrot, finely grated
- 1 cup Almonds, soaked for 8 hours and drained
- 3 cups Raisins, soaked for 1 hour and drained
- 2 cup Pitted Dates, soaked for 1 hour and drained
- 1 tspn Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tspn Nutmeg, grated
- 1 tspn Lemon Zest
- 2 cups Raw Cashews, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- To prepare the cake mix, in a food processor, add almonds, 1 cup of raisins, 1 cup of pitted dates and blend until finely ground and well combined. In a large mixing bowl, combine with grated carrot (be sure to strain out all excess juice before) zest, and spices.
- To prepare the frosting, in the same processor add remaining raisins, dates, (with water) cashews honey and lemon juice until you achieve a smooth, creamy consistency.
- To assemble, simply line a 20cm round cake tin with cling wrap. Press half the cake mix firmly into the base of tin. Cool for 30 mins. Once set, tip upside down onto serving plate and remove wrap. Spread half the icing mix over the cake. Repeat steps for the second half of the cake mixture and gently release on top of the first layer. Ice the second layer and then garnish with berries and walnuts. Cool for a couple of hours before serving.