The taste of an Australian summer now with a paleo twist!
- 4 Free-Range Egg Whites
- 1 tspn Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tspn Arrowroot Starch
- 1 cup Coconut Sugar (ground to fine dust)
- Pinch of Seasalt
- 400g can Organic Coconut Cream, chilled
- 1 tspn Ozganics Bush Honey
- Fresh Passionfruit Pulp, Kiwi Fruit or other seasonal fruit
- To prepare, first line a baking tray with grease-proof paper and preheat your oven to 180C.
- Place the egg whites into and salt into a standing bowl, and with an electric mixer, beat whites until the start to foam. Add vinegar slowly, and increase to high speed. Beat for 5-7 minutes until soft glossy white peaks start to form.
- In a separate bowl, mix together sugar and arrowroot mixture. Then return to egg-whites, beat on medium speed and slowly add sugar mix. Once combined, increase speed to high and continue until white stiff glossy peaks begin to form.
- Fill piping bag with meringue, and pipe it onto the lined baking sheet. You can either form one large 20cm circle or create small 7cm round circles. Try and make the outside edges higher than the inside. Bake for one hour or until outside is dry to touch. Turn oven off and allow pavlova to completely cool before taking out.
- For the icing atop the pav. simply open the can of chilled coconut cream, and place the hardened cream into chilled mixer bowl with dollop of Ozganics Bush Honey. Whip for 3-5 minutes or until soft peaks form. Then refrigerate for 30 minutes. To assemble, simply spread the glorious coconut cream over the meringue and decorate with kiwi and passionfruit pulp.