Mediterranean Stuffed Capsicum
A vegetarian meal fix made for the weekend! The Gemsita (stuffed peppers) heralds from the Mediterranean, and is a dish normally served in summer.
- 375g Ozganics Tomato & Chilli Pasta Sauce
- 6 large Green (or Red) Capsicum
- 1 1/4 cups Medium-Grain Rice
- 1/4 cup Sweet Corn
- 2 tbsn Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup Kalamata Olives, chopped
- 3 Boccocini, halved
- Coriander to garnish
- Preheat oven to 180C and grease base of oven tray with oil.
- Cut the tops of capsicums, so they become lids. Remove the seeds and membrane from inside. Bring a large saucepan to boil, then add the vegetables and cook for 10 minutes of until tender. Gently remove, drain and set aside to cool.
- In a non-stick frypan, add onion, garlic and oil and sauté until soft. Add the pasta sauce, and cook on medium heat until well combined and thickened.
- Add rice and sweet corn to mix and stir until combined. Then finally add olives and coriander (you can use other herbs too, like mint). Once this mixture has been absorbed and the rice softened, divide the mixture among the capsicums. Top with boccocini and place on prepared tray. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked through.