A quick and easy version of a family favourite. We encourage the use of organic ingredients where possible.
- 1 organic chicken breast
- Rice flour to baste chicken breast
- 1 organic egg beaten
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- ½ jar OZGANICS Spring Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- 2 slices of organic leg ham (optional)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Thinly slice through the chicken breast horizontally to make two thin chicken fillets. Pound each one out gently with a meat mallet to thin chicken out evenly.
- Mix the Italian herbs with the breadcrumbs. Toss the chicken in flour, then dip in egg, then coat in the breadcrumbs. Place on a plate and refrigerate for an hour before cooking.
- Heat a little oil in frypan and cook schnitzels on both sides until they are cooked and golden brown. Place them on an oven tray. Spread half of the OZGANICS Spring Vegetable Pasta Sauce over each schnitzel and place a slice of ham on top. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Place the tray under a hot grill until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve with steamed seasonal vegetables or a crisp salad.