Baked zuchinni and ricotta rolls
I call this ‘Picasso on a plate.’ Eat either warm with freshly ground pepper and/or for a bit of spice, dollop on some OZGANICS medium salsa.
- 1 jar OZGANICS Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
- 12 fresh gluten free lasagne sheets
- 2 zucchinis - grated
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion – finely diced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- Freshly grated cheese for topping
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic until transparent. Add the grated zucchini and fry gently for a further 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. Place the ricotta, parmesan and Italian herbs into a large bowl. Stir in the zucchini mixture. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the sauce into a large ovenproof dish. Divide the zucchini mixture between the lasagne sheets.
- Roll up the lasagne sheets and cut tubes in half. Arrange the tubes standing upright in the dish, pressing them gently into the sauce. Gently spoon the remaining sauce around the tubes.
- Sprinkle the top with grated cheese and fresh parsley.
- Cover the top with foil and bake for about half an hour (until the pasta is tender). Remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve with a fresh salad.